Saturday, May 19

is 40 the new 20?

This was something a friend of mine asked the other day. He's found now that he's 40 there's all these twenty-somethings pouring attention on to him. I had a similar experience myself the other day with some serious facebook flirting from a 20 year old.

Are older men what younger men are into? There's a long tradition of younger/older men, so-called "sugar daddies" and "boy toys". I always thought you needed to be older than 40 to be a sugar daddy. I consider myself in my 'tween' years; too young to be sugar daddy, too old to be a boy toy. But is 40 now sugar daddy territory? At 40 I'll be barely a lawyer, so I won't be in any position to play sugar daddy.

But what is driving this interest in older men? Are these young men looking to these older men as a role model, as a teacher or as a conquest? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

In honour of today's post, I offer you some Patsy Gallant:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grrr, baby, grrr!