Wednesday, May 30

has it really come down to this...

I was out for lunch last week at a restaurant here in the 'knife, one of the nicer places in town. Not fancy, but nice and clean with a fairly professional clientele.

I went to the bathroom and saw the following sign posted over the toilet:

PLEASE FLUSH TOILET AFTER YOU USE IT

As a society have we become so completely programmed that we can no longer think for ourselves? Is this something we really need to be told. Don't we learn this at a young age? Has a whole generation grown up who can't think for themselves or take any initiative?

I can understand the signs in bathrooms asking people to was their hands, there are valid public health issues, particularly when the sign reminds staff to do it, but to flush? Come On!

Maybe I just don't get this world today.

1 comment:

Lance Morrison said...

For some reason, there are a lot of people that seem to forget that step... even in adulthood.
In the office I work at (With Don) our floor is full of Lawyers and there is always s**t and TP in one of the toilets. Yesterday, there was even s**t on the floor, which really pissed off the housekeeping staff.

I think these signs are put there out of frustration, but I think that the freaks that get off on leaving 'treats' for the next person are not going to stop doing it because of a sign.

I also think a nicer restaurant could do a little bit better than a piece of scrap paper taped onto a wall.