Saturday, May 12

i really should be in england

Although England is my ancestral homeland, I'm beginning to realize it's my spiritual, and musical homeland as well. Bad britpop is a well known guilty pleasure of mine, and the BBC's latest reality show seems to be tailor made for me.

Any Dream Will Do is an american idol like show to select the next person to star as Joseph in the West End production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. Being a bit of a show tune queen, this is perfect for me. I'm such a sucker for these shows that I even watched part of the it's so bad it's good, You're the One that I Want, the american version of this show to select the next leads of Grease on Broadway.

All of these are based on the BBC orginal series, How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria, that was a search for the next star of the Sound of Music.

Anyways, enough history. In each show the Jospeh wannabes do solos and a group number. You may remember I'm a fan of Meat Loaf and Dead Ringer for love. Well, they had the Joseph's do it, in a show tuney kind of way. In all its british brilliance I present it to you:

1 comment: