Monday, March 12

guilty pleasure #11

MuchMore Music Retro is currenly offering a free preview and I'm hooked. All this retro music is just taking me back. I find it interesting that retro is defined as 80s and 90s, but it's a chance for me to indulge some more of my guilty pleasures. Meat Loaf has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I've always preferred him in a duet, so here's a pair of videos, featuring one old duet with Cher, singing "Dead Ringer for Love" and one new duet with Marion Raven "It's All Coming Back to Me Now".

Old:



New:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP!! I love Meat Loaf. "I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" is the best! As soon as I hear Le Loaf's dulcet tones, I am brought right back to Baptist College, being 17 years old, and Steve Daniels, the guy I was crushing on at the time.

Thanks for reminding me to dump that onto my mp3...

Lance Morrison said...

As much as I like Celine's version of that same song, you could tell that it was always his song. I'd never heard it until now (never got around to buying the album 5 months ago) but it just goes to prove I was right. Loved it.

Do you like all duets, or is it more of a Meatloaf thing? You should listen to (if you've not already) Damien Rice. Both 'O' and '9' are beautiful albums with stunning duets with Lisa Hannigan.

Glen said...

I'm definitely a fan of duets in general. There's something about the contrasting voices coming together in harmony that I really like. I'll check out the ones you mentioned.

Lance Morrison said...

Try this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLTbLaSfJRY