Thursday, March 15

mother nature's bitch

After days of well-above zero and sunshine, the snow was all melting and spring seemed on the horizon. Well nope. Yesterday, I was Mother Nature's bitch when expecting similar weather I left in a sweater and down vest and made my way to school. In no time at all, it was -20 and -30 with the wind chill. Snow was falling fast and hard, and being blown all around.

As I was driving yesterday, Mother Nature had another way of having her way with me. The snow had melted out of the back of the pick-up truck and it appears the patio stones weren't enough weight. The streets were solid ice from all the melting of the previous days, and finely dusted with a fresh layer of snow to make them that much more slippier. The truck was sliding every which way. Plus it appears most people forgot how to drive in winter after only a few days of spring. I barely stopped in time to avoid one accident from someone not looking and not leaving enough space.

This morning I woke up to -26 temperatures for the trek to school. It appears winter won't be ending any sooner down here, than it does up north.

No comments: