Friday, March 2

guilty pleasure #10

Alright, I know I will take nothing but flack for this, but it is time for more britpop. It appears that most of the Spice Girls have given up the ghost. Victoria Beckham has made a career out of being a footballer's wife, Mel B is having somebody's babies, Ginger has faded away, but Emma Bunton and Mel C are still out there pushing on trying to build a solo career.

The little sister put me on to "Baby Spice" Emma Bunton's latest effort, a cover of "Downtown". Pay attention to the video and you'll find something quite funny during each chorus.



"Sporty spice"
Mel C, not to be left behind has just released a cover of the 80s pop classic "I want candy". Pay attention to this video and if you can, try to explain the presence of the almost fully dressed riot squad.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I can't stop laughing. Tears are streaming down my face.

There's nothing classier than pointing to your vagina every time you sing the word "Downtown".

Megan said...

Yes, I am an evil, evil person for even noticing that.

She does the same thing in the official music video. I've checked.

"When you're alone and life is making you lonely, you can always go...DOWNTOWN!" *gestures dramatically in the direction of own crotch*

Glen said...

You need to watch the second video again. You'll learn that the place to buy candy is "downtown". The video counts down, and it's at approximately 2:23 left.

Megan said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!