Friday, March 2

brother can you spare a dime?

It's been a while and I've been keeping my eye out for a new project to fund through kiva. I've decided to support a firewood business in Afghanistan. Information on the project can be found here.

I choose Afghanistan because of the war going there and the Canadian soldiers. I figure the sooner the country can get onto a firmer economic footing, the sooner things will improve. Development, and not anything else is going to solve the problems there. Without economic development, I see Afghanistan, and the Canadian presence there continuing forever.

Now that they are there, I support our forces. We have entered the country, it is our duty to support them and to stay there until the situation is stable. We have a responsibility to fulfill our committments. But if we can help move things along through development, I'm all for it.

No comments: