Tuesday, March 27

isn't it ironic

So on the weekend, I'm being a good little boy and backing up all my school files of my computer so I can get them all organized for exams. However, while backing up my files, more than half of them (my school notes for the year) got corrupted. I didn't know this so after working on some of them (the non-corrupted ones), I copied them back onto my laptop. This essentially took what good files I had left, erased them and replaced with them with the corrupt files.

None of this was discovered until class yesterday when I went to open my class notes and couldn't. Very quickly the extent of the damage was revealed. Two weeks before exams, my notes are gone, all because I tried to back them up. My computer has been in the shop since them and they are trying to recover the files but things aren't looking up.

So blogging may be a little light for the next little while because I don't know when the computer will be back. Also, I moved into a different apartment over the weekend and I no longer have internet or cable tv at home. Although this will be conducive to studying, it will not be conducive to blogging.

BTW - we lost 5-2 in the semi-finals to the girls with their own equipment, which we feel was a respectable showing, so the season is finally over.

No comments: