Saturday, March 10

this ain't your mother's tea party

So, I went to a T-party last night. The idea of the party was to come dressed as something that begins with a "T". There were tree huggers, a trapper, a trojan condom, trailer trash, tight ropers, tinkerbell and a tobaggon. One of the law school BFs and I went as "Toronto Fire Twins". A thanks to the big brother for the Toronto Fire swag, it came in handy for the party.

One of the best things about the party was that there was a ping-pong table in the basement. I haven't seen one of those in years. It was great. We alternated between Beer Pong, an elaborate game of cups, beer and balls being thrown into them, requiring people to drink, and regular ping-pong.

Most people have pool tables, but very few people have ping-pong tables anymore. I had one in our basement while I was growing up and it was always a lot of fun. Demand for the table was high last night, but it's surprising how quickly the skills come back. I can't stand 10 feet back from the table and whip shots at light speed, but I was able to hold my own.

It's time for a ping-pong revival. People everywhere should be putting ping-pong tables in their basements. It's good for the reflexes, and it's a handy and ready drinking game for parties, or simply as a time-killer.

No comments: