Saturday, February 16

heading towards a flock

I've been writing about my microlending experience for some time, and jut wanted to provide a further update. As my first loan has now paid off, I can reinvest it. My original $50 investment in Kiva is now the equivalent of $100 of loans.

Since Natik had some success with sheep, I've decided to stick with that theme while reinvesting the money I originally loaned to him.


This is Maarif Aliyev. He also lives in Azerbaijan. The following is the Kiva writeup for his loan:
Maarif Aliyev lives in Beylagan, a small town in Azerbaijan. He is 55 years old, married, and has three children. He is engaged in animal sales. He has ten years' experience at this business. Maarif purchases animals from the livestock market of Beylagan, raises them for some months, and then sells them again. (He is pictured at the livestock market.) Now he needs $400, with which sum he plans to buy some sheep to add to his flock.
Maarif's loan has been filled and paid out. Repayments should begin in March. I've been thrilled by the whole experience with Kiva so far and hope to continue to have the loans repaid and then reinvested. It's an easy and simple way to make a difference in someone's life and I highly recommend it.

No comments: