Wednesday, November 21

navel gazing

Well this is post #200 here at granted null. I'm surprised I've made it this far.

Blogging at first was very much school driven and focused on the radical change I had made to my life. Once school was done for the year and I was back up north, the blog drifted off and really hadn't made a comeback until the past week or two. I'm sure this current round of blogging is driven by procrastination, given I have a major paper and a minor paper to finish as well as three exams to prep for. Hopefully the current trend will continue past these rapidly approaching deadlines.

As for the navel gazing, I've been spending some time looking at my statcounter program to check out what's bringing people here to to the blog. Now I've lost a lot of people with all the inactivity but I'm not inviting a lot of people back until I know I'm posting consistently again. However, during this most recent spate of blogging it's been quite interesting and quite international.

Since the beginning of November, Dame Shirley Bassey has been the big drawing card. See Britney Spears, you don't have to flash your (rhymes with the capital of Saskatchewan) just to be popular on the internet. You can be classy, brassy and wise and still be a hit online!

Other searches that have brought people to the site, and boy I'm sure people have been disappointed, have been for bjorn again, pictures of Lord Denning, the suffragette movement in Saskatchewan, '40 is the new 20', and 'money can buy love' (wonder what they were looking for!).

As for some of the places, I'm big in the UK, but that's the Dame's crowd. I've also had visitors from Thailand, Belgium, Australia, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Sweden, and Italy. I've also had visitors from the following states: California, Utah, Colorado, New York, Florida, Pennsylvania, Maine, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, and New Jersey.

So whoever you are, and whether you are here on purpose or by accident, thanks for stopping in.

No comments: