Saturday, November 17

and the money kept rolling in

Well, my first loan through Kiva has been repaid. Although Natik, the cattle turned sheep breeder in Azerbaijan has received most of the attention, it was in fact the fuel seller in Afghanistan who was the first to repay his loan fully. Although I wasn't getting updates on how the business was doing, payments were being made regularly.

Once a loan is paid, you can withdraw it, donate it to Kiva to help cover operating expenses or reinvest, so it's back into the world of high finance for me. I'm switching continents this time, and heading to Africa, specifically Nigeria. I know the online scams usually start in Nigeria, but so far Kiva and their partners have been dead on, so I'm giving it a shot.

This is Gbemisola Adeshkor:


Gbemisola Adeshokor is 48 years old, married, and has 6 children. She hails from Ibgolerin, in Lagos State, Nigera. Gbemisola sells foods in her local market to support her family, and has been doing so since 1992. Gbemisola would like a loan of $400 to purchase a wider variety of foods to sell.

As of the time I write this blog, Gbemisola is only 56% funded for her $400 so there's still time to jump in if you want to give Kiva a try.

No comments: