Wednesday, April 4

guilty pleasure #12: parodies on parade

I heard a snippet of Alanis' spoof of My Humps on the radio today and then found the video on a friend's facebook page. I really hated the Black-Eyed Peas' original version of this song. I would complain every time I heard it. I kept saying how there was no point to it. Here's the video of Alanis' spoof:



It's amazing the number of songs today that are just plain silly when you slow them down and listen to the words. You're all familiar with my new found obsession, cutewithchris.com. Chris has gotten into doing parodies of songs. He's done Beyonce and Fergie so far. Since Fergie has been spoofed once already this post, I figure I should spread the joy and provide you with this send-up of beyonce:

1 comment:

Lance Morrison said...

LOVE the Alanis version. I'm trying to get an audio version of it for my iPod, but can't find one to buy.

Have you heard of Emm Gryner? You need to find her cover of Ozzy's "Crazy Train" (I tried YouTube, but found nothing). While you look, listen to this cover she did... Try to see how long it takes you to place the song without cheating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui9XbQUflcc