Tuesday, April 24

shoulder season

I have to say I am sick of the words "shoulder season". That has essentially been the excuse given for why there is absolutely nothing to do here in Calgary, or the surrounding Rockies. Too late for winter sports, too early for summer, and anything you can do in the spring they have taken the week off.
 
Up north, we have the 'tween' season, between winter and what we like to call spring/summer. However it seems short. How it's so long down here is beyond me. Essentially everything ends from early to mid-April and nothing resumes until the middle of May. Maybe they just have too much money here in this province and they don't need to take any of mine.
 
Instead of going outdoors, I thougt I'd try to get my culture on by going to a show, concert or opera, but everything is sold out. I guess it's really the only option so everyone is doing it.
 
Yours truly,
 
Bored and Restless in Calgary
 
 

No comments: