Thursday, December 14

eurovision, part deux

There have been many skeptical reactions to my earlier post about Eurovision and european culture, including "singing klingons' you must be exaggerating...."

For those doubters and skeptics, I provide the following for your viewing pleasure, a little diddy called "Hard Rock Hallelujah". Oh those wacky finns!



If you're not convinced check out Iceland's egomanical entry. First off she starts with "Hello Europe", which I'm sure was met by a lot of people turning to each other and commenting who knew Iceland was part of Europe. She then proceeds to use an oversized high heeled shoe in lieu of a stripper pole and pronounces in song, "Congratulations I have arrived". I kid you not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my. "it's the AROCKALYPSE!" Is it wrong that I kinda liked the song Hard Rock Alleluia (although I'd like it better performed by people with actual singing ability)

As for that woman - how very unfortunate. It is the WRONG fashion choice to wear black panties under a white feathery...whatever that thing is she was wearing. It creates a rather...disconcerting impression at first.