Tuesday, December 5

some things should never be changed...

I seem to have gotten (okay - maybe earned) a reputation for someone who doesn't like change. How people have taken to mistaking me for my change resistant brother I'm not sure, but on with the post.

I actually received calls and emails when baileys introduced their new flavours becuase people were concerned I may go over the edge. There are few pleasures left in my world and baileys irish cream is one of them. My relationship with baileys has been a long and rewarding one. It's a relationship that has intensified over the past few years as Baileys became part of my camping routine. No matter how bad camp coffee is, baileys makes it better. My baileys repetoire grew, including a baileys slushee (baileys over snow - add kahlua for the ultimate winter treat), baileys and hot chocolate, etc.

Now they have gone and changed my baileys. Thankfully they left the original flavour, but they've added two more flavours, caramel and mint chocolate. I don't understand this need for change. I can see the following fact pattern happening one day, me a little rushed running into the liquor store, grabbing a bottle of baileys and heading off to the great outdoors only to find out when I'm in the middle of nowhere it's mint chocolate! ARGH! (as an aside, I have been in the middle of nowhere and used my cellular to call in more baileys)

This constantly happens, everything is labelled new and improved. They introduced new Coke, and we know how successful that was. Government is always looking for the "new" program or service. Once again, we know how successful that will be. I admit, most of the time I question the need for these changes. I understand change and innovation has done wonderful things for society, but what's wrong with sticking with what you're good at, and doing it well?

No comments: