Wednesday, January 30

creative planning

I mentioned earlier how I wanted to do more creative things this year, such as making use of the sketch book/folio that I received for Christmas. Well truth is, I'm more of a doodler than a sketcher and I've been struggling to get started.

So rather than just unleash my self on the page, I have resorted to a much more non-creative, type-A competitive approach fitting my current position as a law student (note: not student-at-law as I can't be called that until I'm out of law school, GOD this profession is weird).

I have a plan.

Step One - Buy A Book - check!
I picked up this book at the local used bookstore. Here's hoping it serves me as well as it did someone's grandfather who now appears to have passed away although his name and inscription will live on.

Step Two - Find time to read book

Still working on this one....

Step Three - Sketch

Step Four - Stop sketching out of frustration of not creating masterpieces right away

Step Five - Months later, feel guilty for not making use of sketch book and try sketching again

Step Six - Sketch a few things, decide it's not for me and move on to a new creative pursuit.

So that's the plan. I'll post some updates along the way, and hopefully, this time, it won't go according to plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about singing? Why not acting?

sigh...