Friday, February 23

enough is enough

I've had it with Britney Spears and the relentless coverage of her crash and burn. I mean who goes to rehab for a day; well a day here, a day there, maybe a day next week. And why does every blog and newspaper cover every twist and turn. And come to think of it, why can't Britney cover herself? Maybe she has started too, we haven't seen her (rhymes with my capital city) in a while.

I am declaring this blog a Britney-free zone. I couldn't believe that Britney shaving her hair off made the front page of the Globe and Mail. Seriously, is there not more important things going on in the world. The ice caps are melting and people must be surely dying somewhere.

I can understand the fascination with Britney's nose dive, it's like a car crash, you know you're not supposed to look, but you can't help it. Britney is "trailer-trash" that made go, and now people are relishing in her fall. But enough is enough, I'm sure the constant media coverage is fueling the nose dive.

I was never a big britney fan. In the late 90s, when it came to pop music, you were in one of two camps, Britney or Christina, N'sync or Backstreet. I was firmly in the Christina camp, and have stayed there, even through the dirrrty years.

Now Christina is all grown up, wears panties, and has herself a husband who is not a former dancer, and has no aspirations of being a white rapper. He has been described as "a good jewish boy". Good on ya Christina. Her latest album goes back to her greatest strength, her voice, and she works it out old school. The following number just screams Better Midler and I love it.



So remember, this will be a safe, britney-free zone for you to escape from the daily hair-shaving, rehab rollercoaster life of britney, and it's excessive coverage in every media.

4 comments:

Lance Morrison said...

Britney-Free... after today, you mean.

I gotta say, I like 'em both, as far as music goes. As far as their personalities (or the ones their publicists let us see), I'm with X-Tina all the way!

... and I love Dirrty.

Megan said...

Britney used to fascinate me. Whoever was handling her had the virgin/whore thing down pat. Strictly from a marketing perspective, there was a lot to be learned.

I've never been a huge fan of marketing, but for a person like Britney, who has no discernible talent, image is all there is to sell.

Watching that image crumble, I'm reminded that publicists should always be behind-the-scenes people. You never want people to think about your handler or how he does his job.

See also: Tom Cruise, Lindsay Lohan, Andy Dick.

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake said...

I agree. Let's create a world wide Britney Free Zone