Saturday, February 17

vacation all I ever wanted

A little shout-out to the go-go's with today's post. Appears that I have been mishearing the lyrics for roughly 20 years. I always thought it went "vacation's over", who knew it was "vacation all I ever"? The point, my vacation is now over.

That meant more flying today. Once again it was a little adventure, but enough dumping on air canada. In today's sights, my fellow passengers.

Do you remember when air travel was a big deal? When the company called their planes Airbuses, they hit the nail on the head. Air travel used to be special, now it's the equivalent of riding the bus.

People used to get dressed up when they flew; not any more. I am loathe to offer fashion advice, but really if you are over six years of age, you should not wear pyjamas in public, let alone on a plane. I don't care that the flight was leaving at 6:30 am. If I could get up and put on a shirt and some pants, then you can too. For god's sake people, COME ON. I understand wanting to be comfortable, but pyjamas? Just say NO to PJs.

Also, you think there would be some understanding that we're all in this together, stuck in these uncomfortable seats, with fewer and fewer services to make the experience enjoyable. At least be civil to each other.

For some reason, there's always those one or two idiots who for some reason are convinced they are special and better then everyone else. The fact that they aren't flying around in their own jet, but sitting in coach, is evidence of the world's injustice against them. I get it, now get over yourself! You're in coach, we're all here together, and no the flight attendant can't make the plane go faster, get your off the plane quicker, or hold two other planes for you.

As is plainly obvious by now, I am not a fan of air travel. I wish we had high speed trains in this country. If it didn't take days to get somewhere by train, I would always choose it. For now anyways, it looks like I won't be doing any big trips on planes for a few months, and I look forward to driving anywhere I need to go.

No comments: