Friday, February 9

there's a ho down on the dance floor

Well I just got in from my last night in Saskatoon before it's off to Toronto. I spent the night at the Longbranch, a country bar. Yes, me in a country bar, and I even lined up outside in -30 weather for a country bar. Worst of all, I had a great time. And I drank Budweiser.

The place was packed with plenty of eye candy. Note to self: need to buy plaid cowboy shirt. The music never stopped and the dance floor was packed. These guys from the prairies sure know how to dance. They are two-steppin' machines. They twirl the girls like crazy. I have to tell you, it was like murder on the dance floor. The way those bodies were flailing and feet were steppin', somebody was going to get hurt.

Anyways, some of us from school have decided we have to go back for some proper two-step lessons so we can fit in. It seems only right, I went to the the University of Waterloo, home of Octoberfest in Canada, and learned the polka. At the University of Saskatchewan, I have to learn how to two-step. Forget this law stuff, it's all about learning the dance moves.

Kudos to LG for the clever name of this post, it was a text message he sent tonight when he found out I was in a country bar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why you need to hyphenate compound modifiers. The other example I like to use is "pickled-herring salesman".

Megan said...

I am such a loser.