Monday, January 8

forgive me father, for I have sinned

It appears that the blog is slowly turing into a confessional, certainly when it comes to confessing to the music I like. Although I revel in my guilty pleasures, one does wonder whether I, like Megan, should be ashamed of my mp3 player?

I refuse to believe that I should be ashamed of the music I like. I like thumpy dance music; bad europop; and have the muscial tastes of a 12 year old girl; what's wrong with that? However, in the spirit of redemption, I offer this one big confession, my ultimate favourite singer (probably of all time), the pride of Springhill, Nova Scotia, the grand dame of Canadian songstresses, Anne Murray. Before I die, I will see Anne Murray in concert. If she doesn't sing Snowbird when I do, it may result in her death, but that's another story, never mind, anyways.

Until that big day comes, and the dream is fulfilled, I'll just need to continue to listen to Anne on the iPod, and watch her on you tube.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE Ann!

I am adding her to my iPod right now.

shhh don't tell Meg 8-)

Steve

Megan said...

Good heavens, what have you started?

Sis

Lance Morrison said...

Robert took me to see Liza Minnelli just after my birthday last year. The stroke really did a number on her voice, but it was still amazing to see her.
Even if Anne isn't as amazing as you hope, it will still be one of your favorite concerts ever... not that I would go or anything.
To each his own.