Tuesday, January 23

i don't think we're in kansas anymore

After the recent Arkansas post I really shouldn't have been surprised, but yesterday I had a hit from Kansas. Now that I have the statcounter working properly, it's proving to be a wealth of information.

I "drilled-down" the details of their visit, combine that with a little google searching and voila, I have a profile of my Kansas visitor. A good public relations tactic is to monitor what people are saying about you, both the good and the bad. The Internet, and the proliferation of blogs and web sites like these make this even more important. It appears I was visited today by a public relations person today doing just that. The hit came from Heifer International. It appears if you do an blog search for "heifer international", my blog comes up.

Heifer International is a charitable organization focused on ending hunger and caring for the environment. One of their initiatives is to give families farm animals to provide them with food and resources.

Interestingly enough, they appear to be running off a server in Kansas, but their head office is in Little Rock, Arkansas. HMMM, very interesting, my blog world is converging.

Anyways, I offer this plug for them, as I am sure they may have been disappointed to find the entry was about another charity. I would have added them to my "do some good" links if only they had answered the burning question I posed below, why is it Ar-kan-saw, not Ar-Kan-sas?

No comments: