Wednesday, January 17

when the learnin' was easy

It's a tough slog at school right now, big projects requiring lots of work, but not worth a lot of marks, falling behind in readings, and complex discussions of constitutions, charters and bills. It has made me nostalgic for the days of my youth when all I needed to know about these things could be learned in three minutes on Schoolhouse Rock.

Schoolhouse Rock was a saturday morning cartoon that provided interesting lessons on a range of topics from politics to grammar in short entertaining clips. Kind of an educational MTV for the pyjama set. I have a number of favourite clips, ranging from Conjunction Junction a lesson on the proper use of conjunctions, and the following clip, I'm just a Bill, on how a bill becomes law. Come to think of it, maybe Schoolhouse Rock is to blame for this whole law school thing.

No comments: