Thursday, January 4

i'm an international financier

I may not be able to balance my chequebook, but I have entered the fast-paced and glamorous world of international finance. I am officially a money lender.

I just made a $25 loan to Natik Asadov a young man in Azerbaijan looking to expand his farm business by purchasing three cattle. The whole deal was done in less than five minutes online.

Kiva.org allows individuals to make $25 loans to low-income entrepreneurs in the developing world (microfinance). By doing so, you can provide affordable working capital for the poor (money to buy a sewing machine, livestock, etc.), empowering them to earn their way out of poverty.

It's a new, direct and sustainable way to fight global poverty, and for only a small amount of money you can help someone build a future.

If you have a minute, please check out the the site. Also, you can follow the progress of Natik Asadov's loan on the banner on the right side of my blog.

1 comment:

Megan said...

How intriguing. I have recently received an offer to join the world of international finance, too.

My contact is a top official in the federal government of Nigeria. He is looking for an overseas partner to hold $21 million. He is willing to give me 20% of the total. All I need to do is pay a few bribes. Cost to me: $5487.

Since you're lending money these days, perhaps you'd like to partner with me.