Friday, January 5

guilty pleasure #7

The other day the little sister and I through the wonders of msn watched MuchMore Music's 50 Top Guilty Pleasures together. Both of us felt mildly ashamed about how much of our respective music collections was featured in the top 50. I guess I'm just a sucker for a catchy pop hook.

At a surprisingly low #29 was one of my particularly favourite guilty pleasures, Rick Astley. The original red headed skinny white boy with the really big voice (note to clay aiken, remember who came before you) was a staple growing up. This catchy tune and that chorus sung in Rick's big voice is so distinctive it's immediately recognizable. This guilty pleasure is a two-for-one in that the clip is from VH1's Pop-Up video, another guilty pleasure of mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Rick Astley in the day. Oh I remember those days of hairspray and gum and glitter when I would dance to his tape (ack!) in my room. My mother also loved him and we would squeal and sing along to "Never Gone Give You Up".

Do I feel another karaoke session coming up in April...?

*never gonna give, never gonna give, give you up..." I can hear it now!

Megan said...

You TOTALLY STOLE MY IDEA.

I'm telling Mom.

*stomps foot*