Monday, January 22

when will these people ever learn

Alright, it's like the bailey's thing all over again. I'm at school, I'm heading over to the catholic college for lunch, because these catholics make good, cheap soup. Because of some uber-virus infecting the hospital and closing my starbucks, it's 11:30 am and I had not yet had any caffeine. In a sleepy, lack of caffeine-induced haze, I reach into the pop fridge and grab a bottle of diet coke.

Those who know me well, understand my relationship with diet coke. I am a coke addict. Diet coke is my crack. At work, I used to keep a case of it under my desk. At home, I probably have enough empty cases to make furniture out of. I have few addictions (at least I like to think so), but diet coke is the big one. Anyways, back to the story.

I reach in, grab my bottle of diet coke and head off back into line, when I come to the realization, that hey, the label is different. I then notice, in small letters, just barely legible, it says cherry vanilla, beside the words diet coke. I literally tossed the bottle back into the fridge, frantically searched through the remaining bottles until I found a plain old diet coke.

Remember "new coke" and how well that went over. When will these people ever learn? What's with all the new flavours, there's now lemon, lime and black cherry vanilla diet coke. People want what they like and what they have. If I want lime in my diet coke, I'll cut and squeeze one, I don't need some artificial flavour injected into my diet coke.

At minimum, clearly label these items and store them on different shelves. People use your drinks to wake up, they are not always going to be alert when grabbing bottles. If the thought of me being trapped in the middle of the woods with the wrong baileys scares you, think of what it would be like without the right diet coke. It wouldn't be pretty people.

No comments: