Wednesday, January 24

it's all moot

It's an intense week at the little law school on the prairie. It's moot week. Based on the definition of moot, one would think that this wouldn't be a big deal. However, not at the LLSOTP. This is the week where all the first years appear in moot court. We have to prepare either an appeal or a response to the appeal and go in and argue it in front of professors and upper year students acting as Judges.

Generally it creates a lot of tension, stress and high anxiety. Having worked in media relations as long as I have, getting up, speaking and answering questions will be no big deal. It's the law that's tough, plus the facts don't go my way. I'm arguing to uphold the conviction of a mother who blew up a cliff to save her family (who weren't actually in danger, but she didn't know). However, I must be more stressed than I thought because today has been a study in procrastination. I moot this Friday, but spent the day grocery shopping, getting a hair cut, doing laundry, doing dishes, cleaning my apartment. Hell, I even vacuumed.

Anyways, it's back to the moot work. I did a quick search to see what I could find on mooting to try to provide some context to the post, and found this great video from the big law school on the prairie.

No comments: